Job Type: Full Time Location: Chennai, INDIA
Job DescriptionWe are looking for a highly skilled WordPress Developer to design and implement an attractive and functional website for our company. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes, customization and plugins as well as site integration, optimization and security updates.To ensure success as a WordPress Developer, you should have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, a good eye for aesthetics, and strong content management skills. Ultimately, a top-class WordPress Developer can create attractive, user-friendly websites that perfectly meet the design and functionality specifications.
- Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with WordPress, MySQL, JQuery, CSS3 & HTML5.
- Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery in WordPress.
- Advising on and coordinating the team's technical activities.
- Identifying and owning architectural and other technically based risk, escalating as appropriate
- Experience in troubleshooting WordPress performance issues.
- Knowledge of setting up WordPress sites from scratch on Linux machines is a must.
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) sites
- Knowledge of WordPress site security best practises
- Creation of custom post types, Theme/Template integration
- Experience of creating and utilizing plugins like contact form, SMTP, Social media, SEO etc.
- Experience creating multilingual websites
- Good understanding of cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Knowledge of google search console and chrome development tools is a plus.
- Basic Knowledge in SEO and SEM
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, JQuery, CSS3, HTML5 & MySQL,.
- Good to know PSD Conversion to HTML
- Good knowledge in PHP and any PHP framework.
- Good knowledge in API integration and development.
- Experience in Responsive Web Design and Cross Browser Implementation
- Plugin Management and development, WordPress Maintenance
- Performance Tuning and optimization
- Backup and import export WordPress configuration
Leadership & Management
- Managing and technically leading the project team
- Managing project deliverables in line with the project plan
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Provide strong technical leadership and hands-on involvement with Word Press, CSS3, HTML5, JQuery, PSD Conversion to HTML
- Responsible for implementing best practices for project delivery
- Imbibe and represent our culture, core values and ensure the behavior and feedback is cascaded through the organization
- Provide feedback to the leadership team by demonstrating understanding of business, markets, and industry trends and needs
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant fields
- 2-4 years of experience in a role of a Web Developer at technology and product development teams
- Experience of working in a global distributed development model
- Track record of delivering high performance products